‘Digital Sovereignty’, is a topic relevant in our cloud business, and it is about to what extent you are really in control of your data and cloud services. As cloud services are adopted more, public institutions and companies are more concerned about the dependency they have on foreign parties for the delivery of those services.
An illustrative example is the banning of Huawei in the 5G network rollout, as they are suspected to build backdoors into their technology that would give them access to the data flowing across their networks. In Europe there is an initiative called Gaia-X, which targets to build a European Cloud. There are a lot of publications in this domain, including on websites and analyst reports, and announced collaborations like the one between Google and Thales.
Atos is defining its proposition and market positioning in this theme around 3 corner stones:
- Jurisdiction/territorial sovereignty – to create a model against a specific country or region, so that data is controlled/managed.
- Technological sovereignty – can we use technology that has a level of control that fits security (e.g. Huawei case). Also the topic around Open Source for Gaia-X, which should solve that – but are there now commercial products around it and can we trust those products (like Linux open source but Red Hat Linux may add products around it which are not).
- Data sovereignty and control – which is the focus of Gaia-X: focus on products and certifications.
There is also a team of students in France working on this topic, more from a technological angle; this might provide additional opportunities to network and learn from each other.
With the outcome of this project, ATOS wishes to:
- Help define the topic of Digital Sovereignty – an important digital objective for Europe; https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2020/651992/EPRS_BRI(2020)651992_EN.pdf
- Play a key role in organizing the information age; has a significant presence in public sector at European level as well as in many countries; and in many commercial sectors.
In general, the outcomes of this project will help defining the direction of our strategy; the awareness of our people of this topic; improve the understanding of this topic in our people.
Atos is one of the largest IT organizations in the world and is renowned for its expertise in the field of digital transformation. We help organizations reap the benefits and address the challenges posed by the digital disruption. At Atos Consulting we give our clients advice on how to navigate in the increasingly complex digital world, and leverage the power and IT-expertise of the rest of Atos to help our clients create sustainable growth.
At ATOS We work very closely with our customers to share employee expertise and best practice, in order to help improve customer experience as part of new or ongoing relationships. We also leverage the Atos culture of a very strong customer focus, to improve customer satisfaction. We also work with our customers on joint initiatives, applying our collective competencies and strengths, to address challenges within wider society.
We provide a leading Digital Experience for our employees, to use as a reference for best practice with our customers.