In 2021 Freshfel Europe, the European Fresh Produce Association, is running a digital campaign to convince policy-makers in the European Institutions in Brussels to increase support for the EU fruit and vegetable sector. The goal of the campaign is to help stimulate fruit and vegetable consumption for healthier European citizens in a more sustainable Europe.
Brussels is the heart of EU policy-making. As the representative association at EU-level in Brussels, Freshfel Europe will be using the digital campaign to convince European Commission officials, MEPs and national governments to change European legislation to better support the often forgotten sector in EU agri-food policy.
The digital campaign will feature as the Association’s flagship campaign to celebrate 2021 as the United Nations International Year of Fruits and Vegetables.
Freshfel Europe is inviting PREMIUM students to help create the digital campaign’s online material, including political messaging, graphics and publications, which will be disseminated to high-level decision-makers in Brussels.
The project will devise a social media campaign for Freshfel Europe to celebrate the 2021 International Year of Fruit and Vegetables. The campaign will entail:
• An initial research phase in which students will explore the campaign context and narratives and conduct a stakeholder mapping exercise;
• The creation of the campaign text content, campaign graphics, content calendar (all in English);
• Freshfel Europe will provide support on technical information;
• The social media campaign will be promoted to EU policy-makers by Freshfel Europe via its social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) over the course of 2021 (1 year);
• An evaluation phase to measure the effectiveness and impact of the campaign.
This is a one-off opportunity to gain invaluable experience in EU public affairs in a prominent EU association in Brussels as you will learn how to run a digital campaign and create online content for stakeholders in the EU-policy arena. Don’t miss out!
Freshfel Europe, the European Fresh Produce Association, is the forum for the fresh fruit and vegetable supply chain in Europe and beyond. It is the single representative association of the sector at EU level.
The Association is in continual contact with its members and the European institutions, ensuring that the fruit and vegetable sector and its interests are well-represented and have a strong voice in Europe and globally in legislative and supply chain developments. Alongside policy and decision-making, Freshfel Europe works to stimulate the supply of healthy and delicious products, which comply with the highest quality, safety, environmental and social requirements to the benefit of consumers.