EDLAB Mission, Vision and Strategic Goals
We define innovation as the process of creating new ideas and practices to address educational needs – to do different things, and doing things differently.
Innovation is not necessarily radical or disruptive but also exists in improving what is there and repairing what is broken. Innovation can be about educational methods and processes, technology, or about spaces. It requires a critical review of issues and potential solutions; it is an incremental process, and a means to an end.
EDLAB plays a vital role in ensuring momentum in education innovation for Maastricht University. Great ideas may come up in isolation, but they grow and prosper through collaboration, and they generate impact through sustainable implementation.
5 Strategic Goals
- Amplify the role of EDLAB as a hub for education innovation and community development;
- Design and coordinate staff education programmes;
- Provide an up-to-date educational framework for UM;
- Improve retention and student persistence;
- Develop, improve and consolidate the PREMIUM, Honours+ and MaRBLe excellence programmes.
EDLAB's Vision for 2020-2025
Based on these five strategic goals, we developed our plans for 2020-2025. Download the full document below.
Annual Report 2020-2021
To read about the concrete steps EDLAB has taken to achieve these goals in the past year, download our annual report below.