As the Maastricht University institute for education innovation we promote an optimal learning experience for students of Maastricht University by advancing the field of teaching and learning for both students and staff.
We define innovation as the process of creating new ideas and practices to address educational needs – to do different things, and doing things differently. Innovation is not necessarily radical or disruptive, but also exists in improving what is there and repairing what is broken. Innovation can be about educational methods and processes, about technology, or about spaces. It requires critical review of issues and potential solutions; it is an incremental process and a means to an end.
EDLAB plays a vital role in ensuring momentum in education innovation for UM. Great ideas may come up in isolation, but they grow and prosper through collaboration, and they generate impact through sustainable implementation.
5 strategic goals
- Amplify the role of EDLAB as a hub for education innovation and community development;
- Design and coordinate staff education programmes;
- Provide an up-to-date educational framework for UM;
- Improve retention and student persistence;
- Develop, improve and consolidate the PREMIUM, Honours+ and MaRBLe excellence programmes.
Based on these goals, we developed our plans for 2020-2025. Download the full document below!